Don’t expect people to love you forever just because you’ve come to the conclusion that women are people. […] It’s a very low bar being set, that bar being basic human decency. So, like, well done on meeting that standard, but let’s be honest - you’re not yet Captain America. (And by that I mean just an indescribably good person who frankly we could all learn a lot from). In that same vein, now that you are a feminist, rather than just declaring that over and over again, why not go out and do some feminist-y things?
I don’t care about your flower beard - Over17Mirrors
"If you’re reading this…
Congratulations, you’re alive.
If that’s not something to smile about,
then I don’t know what is."
things girls do that I love:
- offer their friends sips of their coffee drinks without being asked
- scratch each others back
- say things like “smell this lotion I bought this weekend”
- compliment each other’s eyebrows
- that thing when they agree with you and their eyes get really wide and they nod their head solemnly
- throw out each others gum wrappers or chip bags when they get up
"When someone’s been gone a long time, at first you save up all the things you want to tell them. You try to keep track of everything in your head. But it’s like trying to hold on to a fistful of sand: all the little bits slip out of your hands, and then you’re just clutching air and grit. That’s why you can’t save it all up like that. Because by the time you finally see each other, you’re catching up on the big things, because it’s too much bother to tell about the little things. But the little things are what make up life."